Last night I spent the evening designing up a Christmas wall hanging for the outside of the bathroom door. I got my inspiration from some of the crafts that the kids have brought home over the years. You know when they make reindeer, turkeys, Angels from hand prints. Well my brain went on a spoof of that. I also wanted to use up a bunch of Christmas scraps that I had.
This is the one I first came up with on my Eq7 program.
Unfortunately once I got into my sewing room I realized that I did not have enough of a light fabric that would look good in the background. I did have some white and some blue snowflake material so why not make it an outdoor scene. This is the 2nd one I came up with. I loved the background but the frame was too bulky so back to the design program.
So instead of playing with the program I started playing with the fabrics to see what would look good. I had this wall hanging done by noon on Sunday Nov 27/16 Then I adapted these changes to the program. This is what I came up with. and the tweeked program pattern.
I am real happy with my results. I spent the afternoon writing the pattern for this. It is being tested at the moment but soon will be for sale on my Craftsy store. Keep your eyes posted for the release of the pattern.
Tester was amazingly fast and she got it done. All fixed up. Its now up for sale at my Craftsy Store at Christmas Mittens https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/christmas-mittens/467597
This is the testers version: Thank you Linda Russell.
This is Linda Whitney’s Christmas Mittens. Made from my pattern she did a great job with it. Thanks for letting me share.